~ About our little club ~
A hidden Gem
Rumney Folk Club meet once a month in St. Augustine’s church hall on Whitehall Parade, Rumney, Cardiff, where everyone is treated to a diverse range of folk & acoustic music welcoming musicians to perform regardless of skill or age. Essentially, it’s an open mic format but its considered to be a little bit more than that.
The candle-lit atmosphere is said to be one of the best among the folk circuit of South Wales. Put that in combination of some wonderful music and a licensed bar… you have a perfect occasion to end the week with.
Performing at the club
Rumney Folk Club is open to a diverse range of musicians, instruments and takes on folk/country/blues/acoustic music. We welcome musicians of any age or any skill. We’ve had many performers ‘break their performing duck’ at the club, helped along by an appreciative crowd. Admission to the evening is FREE for musicians!
To play at the club, simply give us an email/call or turn up early on the night to sign-up to play. Please note, that it’s a first come, first served approach used for artist sign-up for any given evening.
Note worthy points
- We normally have a capacity of 12 acts per evening – each playing between 1-3 songs each
- Slots are allocated as per sign-up sheet positions, though maybe changed on discretion of organisers
- The club does not hire artists to play at present
- We use a full PA system with monitors
- A 5 piece acoustic drum kit is available (own cymbals advised)
- Sound checks can be performed on request, please arrive between 7pm and 7:30pm
- Mixing desk can provide basic effects (reverb, delay etc.)
a sort of treasure map
The clubs address is:
St. Augustine’s Church Hall, Whitehall Parade, Rumney, Cardiff CF3 3DJ.
NOTE: Road access (car) is only available via Church Road.
From Cardiff City Centre, buses 45 (St. Mellons), 49-50 (Llanrumney), 30(Newport) all stop on Newport Road. Stops are located outside Rumney Hill Gardens (opp. Ty Mawr Road and Blockbuster Video (just after The Walk). Both stops are 5 minutes walk away are have return journey stops opposite them.